KauaiKauai is a thrill-seekers playground. If you can climb up it, fly over it, hike it or zipline through it, you'll find it on Hawaii's “Garden Island.”
North Shore, Kauai
This crescent-shaped bay shelters some of Kauai's coolest beaches. Experienced surfers come here in the winter to challenge the waves - if you're more at home on the shore, it's the perfect place to watch.
Grand Canyon of the Pacific
Waimea Canyon's sheer cliffs and stunningly green valleys stretch as far as the eye can see. Grab your hiking boots and hit the trails that wind through the canyon, or drive along State Route 550 for a view from the top.
Kauai may be rugged and wild, but you can still have a spa day or play a few rounds of championship golf at the island's most exclusive resort area.
Nā Pali Coast
Cruise the coast or take a helitour of these massive seaside cliffs. They've been the backdrop for Hollywood blockbusters, now let them star in your own feature film.
Hike (and Bike, and Fly) KauaiKauai's beaches are beautiful and its resorts top-notch, but if you want to see the heart of Kauai, it's time to get out there. On foot, on wheels or in the air – there's no wrong way to experience the island.
- Find your hidden paradise – Descend into the darkness of Makauwahi Cave and you're on your way to one of Kauai's most hidden treasures. When rock ceiling gives way to a bright green oasis, you'll know you've found the Makauwahi Sinkhole.
- Cycle from canyon to coast – Book a bike tour to glide from the top of Waimea Canyon to the crashing ocean waves. Don't worry, it's all downhill.
- Tube a not-so-lazy river – If biking isn't your style, try floating. A mountain tubing tour will take you through winding miles of an irrigation system built for a historic sugar cane planation.
- Get the shot of a lifetime – There's no better way to see the massive green cliffs of Hawaii's Nā Pali coast than a helicopter tour. (In fact, in some remote areas, it's the only way.) If you're always in search of your perfect photo, go for the doorless option – the white knuckles are totally worth it.
For information on activities and tours, call one of our Kauai Activity Centers.
Kauai Vacation Deals
Kauai Marriott Resort
3 Nights with air from $735You'll find paradise on Kauai's beautiful Kalapaki Bay, surrounded by majestic waterfalls, blue lagoons and lush tropical landscaping. With a full-service spa, the largest single-level outdoor pool in all of Hawaii, and championship golf, there's plenty to keep guests of all ages happily occupied.
Why We Love It:
- Golf by the Bay - The Par 72 Jack Nicklaus signature Ocean Course is Hawaii's longest. Stretching alongside the ocean, it also offers jaw-dropping views.